Beauty From Ashes Videos

Loading...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mission's Conference at Sanibel Community Church


       I attended a great event a few weeks ago for Beauty From Ashes. The event took place at the Sanibel Community Church on March 25, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. It was a great location on a beautiful Sunday morning. There were about 25 to 30 other organizations bringing awareness to the people of Sanibel. During the service that took place before the ministry fair Grace Burnham, a missionary, spoke about her testimony of traveling with her husband to the Philippines and being captured by Abu Sayyaf. Abu Sayyaf is a terrorist group who had ties to Osama Bin Laden.

       I sat and met some great people that care so much about the crimes that our happening around us, including the horrid crimes and actions with sex trafficking. Sanibel Community Church was very grateful to Beauty From Ashes (BFA) for being there. BFA is making a difference every day and being the only survivor-led nonprofit organization in Florida bringing awareness about sex is such an amazing thing.

       This will be my last blog writing for Beauty From Ashes due to the fact that I will be graduating from Florida Gulf Coast University April 29, 2012 and moving back home to Miami, Florida. I have had such an amazing experience volunteering for BFA and I have learned so much. They are a great organization to be a part of and I will take them with me everywhere I go.  For more information on how you can get involved CLICK HERE.

Thank you Gabby Diaz, for partnering with Beauty From Ashes throughout your last semester in college.  You have been a blessing to our organization!  -Christa Hicks, Program Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment