· Today 27 million people are held in slavery
· 80% are Sex Slaves & Female
· 60% are Children
· 100,000 – 300,000 domestic minors are being lured into prostitution yearly
· Every minute 2 children are being forced into sex slavery worldwide
· 90% of adult sex workers were victims of sexual abuse as children
· Florida is the #2 state for human trafficking
· Every year more than 1 million children are forced into global commercial sexual exploitation (CSE)
· Human trafficking will be the #1 crime worldwide in 2010
· Currently there are less than 50 beds for the much-needed specialized services for domestic minors of sex trafficking in the USA.
Will you help Beauty From Ashes™ start
the New Year strong
and enable us to better assist
victims of CSE and human trafficking?
How Far Will Your Dollar Go?
$100 – Cost of BFA’s bi-monthly strip club gift outreach (25-75 gifts)
$125 – Cost of 25 Bibles
$20/day, $140/week & $600/month – Cost to clothe, feed, shelter, provide therapy, staffing & insurance to survivor in BFA FREEdom™ Home
$400/month – Cost of BFA administration
$3000 – Cost to relocate family of 4 (two children; 3 months & 2 years) from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Fort Myers, FL. Mother is CSE & human trafficking survivor who has worked as a hair stylist for 4 years. Husband wants to go into local drug rehabilitation residential program (Teen Challenge) while mother & children receive survivor-based assistance from BFA, including licensed therapy.
$415/month, $5000/year – Cost to acquire Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) degree for over-comer of CSE, mother* of three children (1, 3 & 8 years old) who has already acquired state nurses aide license & CPR training. She has been out of industry for 4 years.
$1000/month, $12,000/year – Cost to acquire Cosmetology Degree for CSE & human trafficking over-comer*, who has been free from slavery for 8 years and maintained full time employment.
*Rahab’s Hope Fund Candidates that have worked with BFA for 3-5 years. Both have demonstrated consistent maturity and a sincere desire to better themselves through higher education means.
You can give two ways:
1. Mail cash, money order or check made out to Beauty From Ashes Ministries to 5100 S. Cleveland Avenue, Suite 318-148, Fort Myers, FL 33907
2. Give securely online by clicking HERE
All donations are tax deductible. Your gift of love enables a victim and survivor to realize they can experience FREEdom™ to become an over-comer. Please notate in Memo if you desire your gift to go to specific area of need and thank you!
Together we are better & are making a difference.
PLEASE NOTE: January 11th is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. Awareness is key to prevention and intervention. Join the slavery abolitionist movement and refuse to be a bystander. Contact us for resources, ideas and possible speakers.
The FREEdom™ Team