Beauty From Ashes Videos

Loading...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Your Self-Esteem

Where does your self-esteem come from?  

Does it come from other people - their opinions, their views of you, their comments, and how they treat you?  

Does it come from your abilities and what you are able to do? 

Does it come from your accomplishments and what you know you are going to accomplish?

Many people have such a low self-esteem, or opinion of themselves.  They do not think very highlly of themeselves; therefore, they do things that are harmful to themselves - like hurt themselves, or overeat or undereat, or speak negatively about themselves, or even live in a lifestyle that is harmful to them.

I too, struggle at times, some days more than others, with my own self-esteem.  But, I have something many do not have. I have the knowledge of knowing that my self-worth does not come from myself.  Instead it comes from God.  God finds me valuable and worth it.  He found me valuable enough to send His only son Jesus to die for my sins. He found me valuable enough to let me hear the message of redemption.  AND, He found me valuable enough to give me a choice between His love for me, or to continue on the path I was on.

He found me valuable, and He still finds me WORTH it! 

I have had times when didn't find myself worth it.  I have been guilty of comparing myself to others, thinking that I'm not good enough.  I have thought - well, I'm not pretty enough, or skinny enough, or smart enough, or witty enough, or ..... Anything, in myself, just didn't seem enough. 

The great thing is, that there is NOTHING within myself that is enough.  NOTHING.  However, when I said "yes" to His ways and His plan and HIS gift of salvation, I found that my value really wasn't in who I thought I was, but in who GOD thinks I am. 

I forget this from time to time, though not as often as I used to do so. I have come a long way, but I take hope that He will continue to remind me of my value to Him, and I don't have to depend on who I think I am.  For truly, within myself, I am just NOT enough.  But HE is!

Col 2:10........... I  am complete in Him who is the head of all principality and power.

Tamera Thompson grew up in South Alabama, where she graduated high school and then later worked as a youth minister there while in college. Later, she went on to attend Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL and graduated with her Bachelor’s of Education degree in Secondary English.

She has worked in the public school system as an English teacher and a writing teacher. Tamera resides in South Florida and is a volunteer with Beauty From Ashes™ Ministries. Additionally, she loves to write, she loves to sing, she loves her two boys, and she loves Jesus more than anything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment