Beauty From Ashes Videos

Loading...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Strip Club OutREACH Report

On Saturday, July 10, 2010, Beauty From Ashes Ministries served warm homemade comfort food: chicken and dumplings, cheesy mashed potatoes, cornbread muffins, salad and butterscotch apple and fudge brownies to the employees of our adopted strip club in Fort Myers, FL. We also gave away gift bags with Bibles, beauty supplies & hair accessories to the employees. The outREACH team, including two former sex workers and the Vice President and Chair for the Faith Based Initiative of the Broward County Human Trafficking Coalition, for the first time did foot washings in the form of mini pedicures and manicures for the ladies, read the story of woman with the alabaster bottle to them, studied the bible, played praise music and served communion, all from the locker room. 6 women gave their hearts to the Lord, everyone was prayed for, including the manager! Even a customer knew the team were messengers of God when he was brought to tears after inquiring what they were doing there. He said his brother is a pastor and knew his brother prays for him faithfully. :+) To God be ALL the glory! The success of this outreach is the manifestation of God's goodness, presence, our perseverance for over 7 years of going into this particular club and TEAMWORK.

Thank you Beauty From Ashes supporters & partners. Together we are making a difference & advancing the kingdom of God!

To see pictures of the AMAZING outREACH and more news, check out our facebook fan page: CLICK HERE

One of our supporters was moved to send us this scripture which the Lord brought to his mind after viewing the pictures:

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.


If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.


If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and
the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,


I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.


All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
"

Psalm 139:7-18 NLT

BFA E-NEWSLETTER SIGN UP: CLICK HERE

BFA CURRENT NEEDS: You too can join the revolution and be a slavery abolitionist. Get involved! For more information: CLICK HERE

In His love & service,
Julie Shematz & the BFA FREEdom™ Team

Beauty From Ashes™ Ministries
Where Victims Become Over-Comers
239.939.9218
877.4BFA SOS (423.2767) Toll Free Help Line

AWARENESS & PREVENTION • REACH & RESCUE • TEACH & DEMONSTRATE • TRAIN & SEND

No comments:

Post a Comment